Ride: We encourage new cyclists and motivate experienced riders by organizing rides at all ability levels, sharing experiences, and friendships on the roads, trails, and track.
Race: Some of us race, but it’s not a requirement to race to join the club. We help new racers learn about the sport, and our experienced racers strive to race as a team within their race categories.
We organize and promote the Debaets-Devos Pro Am Bicycle Memorial Bicycle Race. First held in 1965, the club continues to promote this annual Labor Day traditional. The Race is one of the oldest in the US.
Give Back: We strive to give back to the cycling community and community at large. Past events have included the Exhale Ride to support JDRF, the Day and Night Miles ride to support Kids Kicking Cancer and the Woodward Loop Ride to support Michigan Youth Cycling.
- 2022 Debaets-Devos Pro-Am Memorial Bicycle Raceby David RielandAnnouncing the 57th annual Debaets-Devos Pro-Am Memorial Bicycle Race! Sunday, August 28th, 2022 Flyer (scroll past for important registration infos): It appears you don’t have a PDF plugin for this browser. No biggie… you can click here to download the PDF file. Please follow these steps prior to AND continuing throughout the race day: You’ll notice a big push for on-line registrations through BikeReg.com, which is for streamlining the registration process and feeding data to our timing crew. Online registrations are also for your safety in an effort to minimize the time and number of people standing in line to … Continue reading →
- CadieuxBC Canyon – New Bike Day!by Leon ShanerNew Bike Day, sponsored by Canyon, FTW! #MyCanyonKit by Auito Designs, produced by CUORE of Switzerland#CuoreOfSwiss#BuiltByCuore
- Great Seeing So Many at the Annual Meeting, today!by Leon ShanerBeen a long time since we’ve been able to gather together. It was great to see so many familiar faces and meet some newer members in person for the first time. Highlights: New kit design! #BlueIsTheNewBlack Look back on 2021: Return to Racing! DD and Cyclocross, especially. Congratulations to Jason Koch on winning state championship in CX, and winning a TT on a standard road bike! Giving Back: Lexus Velodrome repairs: $1000 Michigan Junior Cycling: $1000 Men’s Health foundation (Cogs & Kegs) Exhale Ride: Benefiting JDRF in partnership with Riders4Research: ~$8000 from our community. Looking forward to 2022: More Social … Continue reading →
- Cuore Team Shop Is Open Until Jan 24by Mike BischThe Team Shop to order our 2022 jerseys, bibs, jackets, and more is open until January 24. Those who have paid their 2022 membership dues have been emailed ordering instructions. Please contact Mike Bisch with questions at Cadieuxniforms@gmail.com.
- New for 2022!!! Members stay tuned for information about the upcoming January order! Great work, Paul and Mike!!!by Leon Shaner
- Kit Fit Event Saturday December 11 – Mark Your Calendars!by Mike BischMembers, Our yearly kit fitting day is set for Saturday, December 11, from 10am to 2pm at the Berkley American Legion Post 374, 2079 W. 12 Mile Road (just west of Woodward), Berkley 48072. This is your once-a-year opportunity to try on samples of jerseys, bibs, jackets, and more provided by our partners at Cuore of Switzerland. This event is intended to help you get fitted for a Cadieux kit based on your technical needs and comfort. If you have any questions, concerns, doubts, etc. about what sizes you need, please make plans to attend this event. The samples will be returned to Cuore … Continue reading →
- Exhale Fall Charity Ride and Riders4Research thanks you!by Leon ShanerHi hi, Exhalers, family, and friends! A heart-felt THANK YOU and major kudos to everyone who made this year’s Exhale Fall Charity Ride such an amazing success!!! Together you all helped to raise over $11,000 toward JDRF’s efforts to end juvenile diabetes!!! Wow!!! We really can’t thank you enough!!! We’re estimating somewhere on the order of 180 riders, which is based on 154 pre-registrations (some being multi-registrant, some being donation-only), and 43 in-person registrations.There were 122 confirmed via Strava, but many many participants aren’t on Strava. Whatever the actual number of riders it was a record-breaking event on multiple levels! Thanks again … Continue reading →
- Exhale Fall Charity Ride, 10/17/2021by Leon ShanerIt is with great pleasure that #Riders4Research and Cadieux Bicycle Club announce the return of the Exhale Fall Charity Ride on Sunday October 17th. Many of you are already past participants in this fundraiser to benefit juvenile diabetes research. This year is going to be SPECTACULAR, because the leaves will be a bit further into their glorious autumnal colors. DON’T MISS THIS GREAT FALL CYCLING ADVENTUREFOR RACERS, RIDERS & FAMILIES ABOUT THE GRAVEL / MTB / FAT BIKE RIDE: The 15th Annual JDRF Exhale Fall Charity Ride is a dirt road cycling event that travels through scenic Metamora, Michigan. The … Continue reading →
- RESULTS: 2021 DEBAETS-DEVOS PRO-AM MEMORIAL BICYCLE RACEby Leon ShanerThanks to all our amazing Sponsors and Volunteers, and for all our Racers! We hope everyone had a GREAT TIME! =D =D =D Results are posted, here: https://legacy.usacycling.org/results/index.php?event=debaets-devos
- 2021 DEBAETS-DEVOS PRO-AM MEMORIAL BICYCLE RACEby David RielandPlease follow these steps prior to AND continuing throughout the race day. You’ll notice a big push for on-line registrations through BikeReg.com, which is for stream-lining the registration process and feeding data to our timing crew. Online registrations are also for your safety in an effort to minimize the time and number of people standing in line to pick up bib numbers. Similarly, online registrations also avoids the need to handle cash, so if for any reason you cannot complete the registration online, please bring your credit card or Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay capable smartphone. Go HERE to … Continue reading →
- COGS & KEGS 2021by Leon ShanerJoin us June 14, 2021 for Cogs & Kegs In partnership with Griffin Claw Brewery and Powers Distributing, please join us for this casual bike ride to raise awareness and funds for men’s health advocacy in conjunction with MIU Men’s Health Foundation, dedicated to men’s health advocacy and awareness, education, research and treatment of prostate cancer and men’s health related issues. The annual Cogs and Kegs event will be held on Monday, June 14 at Griffin Claw Brewery in Birmingham! Attendees can choose between a 10 mile and 30 mile route before returning for a post-ride celebration enjoying a 16oz pour of … Continue reading →
- RIDE, RACE, & GIVE BACK IN 2021!
Please join or renew your membership.by Leon ShanerDear fellow cycling enthusiasts, Cadieux Bicycle Club, and friends! Clearly this year has been very challenging for everyone on so many levels. It has also been very difficult for our sport w.r.t. the reasons we’ve come together as a club. We’ve missed being able to ride, race, and socialize together, but we are optimistic that 2021 will eventually bring back some “normalcy.” We are all looking forward to regularly scheduled social rides and meet-ups, and racing, in whatever form we can in 2021. And will do everything permissible to be able to bring back the Debeats-Devos Memorial Race in its … Continue reading →
- Elizabeth Stevenson on the front page of USA Cyclingby Dragi GasevskiLook who just made the front page of USA Cycling, our very own Elizabeth Stevenson. Pretty cool pic as well
- 54TH ANNUAL DEBAETS-DEVOS BICYCLE RACESby Dragi Gasevski2018 54th DD Race Flyer – Rev05 Sign up for the 54th Annual Debaets-Devos Bicycle Races on August 26th. Get all the details here: Annual Debaets-Devos Pro-AM Bicycle Race
- Lexus Velodromeby Dragi GasevskiCongratulations to Elizabeth Stevenson on her performance at the Jr. Women’s National Track Championships. Elizabeth won a Silver Medal in the Omnium and Bronze Medal in the Madison.
- Woodward Loop Rideby Michael MiglerAlways fun and for a great cause, this year’s 10th Annual Woodward Loop Ride is Sunday, June 24 starting from Shain Park in Birmingham with two waves per usual. 7:30 am to Pontiac and back, 18 mph pace up to Pontiac and 17.miles. Includes the Fast Dash on the southbound segment for those who want to open it up. The second wave starts at 8:30 am down Woodward Avenue 16-17 mph to Detroit with a racers loop to Belle Isle. The rest will make a stop on the way back for a 36+ segment. Contributions go to Michigan Youth Cycling. Suggested donations … Continue reading →
- Facebook Pageby Michael Miglerhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/222248544578244/
- Cogs and Kegsby Steve ColarossiThanks to everyone that came out and supported Cogs and Kegs! Turned out to be a great night of riding and supporting a great cause. Thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this event a success.
- Bike MS Ride Summaryby Steve Colarossiby Erich Meier In 2008, I participated in my first event after a work-out partner raved about his experiences and then began soliciting donations from family and friends. This is when I found out that my uncle’s wife, Jennifer, had been diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) after having bouts of leg numbness, but was not yet ready to share her diagnosis. The first event went great, but left a feeling that I should be doing something more! After participating in all 4 Michigan Bike MS events on multiple occasions, I ventured out to do the Vegas Challenge (NV), Bike to … Continue reading →
- Registration for the 53rd Annual Debaets Devos Pro-Am is OPEN!by Steve ColarossiSunday, August 27th, 2017 – Auburn Hills, MI CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Course is a 1.35 mile circuit just off I-75. Take University Dr. – Exit 79 EAST and follow signs to parking and registration located at: Oak Tech Professional Building 3100 Cross Creek, Auburn Hills 48326 Other: All USA Cycling rules apply. Free lap rule is in effect. Lapped riders may be pulled. All unlicensed racers (including lapsed annual licenses) shall buy a One Day, Category 5 License (additional $10) ON RACE DAY, unless able to meet the USA Cycling exceptions. Limit of 50 riders in Senior Category 5 races. … Continue reading →
- Exhale Rideby Steve Colarossi
- Danielle Mullis wins Bronze at Track Nationals!by Steve ColarossiCongratulations to Danielle Mullis for winning bronze in the International Omnium at Track Nationals this week!
- 52nd Annual Debaets Devos Pro-Am – Registration now open!by Steve ColarossiSunday, August 28th, 2016 – Auburn Hills, MI CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Course is a 1.35 mile circuit just off I-75. Take University Dr. – Exit 79 EAST and follow signs to parking and registration located at: Oak Tech Professional Building 3100 Cross Creek, Auburn Hills 48326 Other: All USA Cycling rules apply. Free lap rule is in effect. Lapped riders may be pulled. All unlicensed racers (including lapsed annual licenses) shall buy a One Day, Category 5 License (additional $10) ON RACE DAY, unless able to meet the USA Cycling exceptions. Limit of 50 riders in Senior Category 5 races. … Continue reading →
- Cadieux Bicycle Club Announces the First Annual Corktown Criteriumby Steve ColarossiThe Cadieux Bicycle Club is excited to announce the 1st Annual Corktown Criterium, a race to benefit the MIU Men’s Health Foundation. A big thank you to Chris Donnelly for spearheading the effort to bring another great race to our area! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Stay tuned for more information. https://cadieuxbicycleclub.com/race/corktown-criterium/ CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Tip of the Week (2016-1)by Steve ColarossiTip of the Week, 2016, number 1 If your answer to the following question below is “I don’t know” or “I don’t recall” the advice is: You probably need to change your chain! The question is: When did you last replace your chain?! So when do we replace our chains? Several seasons ago I sent out a general survey to our local ride groups asking the general question: “When do you replace your chain?” We had an interesting and generally thoughtful array of responses. The general consensus is that we should probably all be changing our chains more frequently than we … Continue reading →
- 2016 Woodward Loop Rideby Steve ColarossiSunday, June 26th will be the 8th Annual Spring edition of the Woodward Loop Ride. This ride is a fundraiser for Michigan Youth Cycling, a scholarship charity for young riders and racers. This is a two part ride, with a route and fun for nearly everyone. The ride starts from Downtown Birmingham at the corner of Old Woodward and Maple Roads. The first loop heads out at 7:30 am and travels north to Pontiac, around the Pontiac Loop, formerly called Widetrack Drive, and back to Birmingham. The ride pace is 18 mph, which is brisk as the route is an elevation gain to Pontiac. … Continue reading →
- Cogs and Kegsby Steve ColarossiCogs & Kegs, Presented by Powers Distributing MIU Men’s Health Foundation Wednesday, June 15, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Birmingham, MI Partners for the event: Powers Distributing, Griffin Claw Brewery, Germack, American Cycle & Fitness, Wolverine Cycling Club, Cadieux Bicycle Club, and the Astellas Professional Cycling Team. This should be a fun evening with members of the Astellas Pro Cycling Team. Bikes and Beer for a good cause. The ride will start and finish from Griffin Claw Brewing Company. A Casual ride (read “not a hammerfest”) with the Astellas guys, then there will be a post-ride celebration hosted … Continue reading →
- Yankee Springs MTB TT Race Recapby Steve Colarossi“Josh Hall, Jake Samborski, and myself went went to Yankee Springs for a long weekend of camping, riding, and racing. I had never ridden Yankee before, it was a blast, lot’s of elevation for lower Michigan, something about melting glaciers. The trail had some awesome descents which is a nice change up from the smaller, rolling hills found at our local trails. Yankee was Josh’s first Cat 1 XC race and he placed 13th out of 32 in the Cat 1 30-39 race! Mr. Samborski (aka the Gnardawg) definitely felt at home on this technical course, he placed 7th out … Continue reading →
- Cadieux Members Ride FREE on Mondays at IVBPby Steve ColarossiIf you are a Cadieux Bicycle Club member and you’ve been thinking about trying out the track, there’s no better time than now. Thanks to the club’s donation to the Community Foundation/Mike Walden Velodrome Fund in December, all members of Cadieux Bicycle Club are welcome to ride at the IVBP on Monday nights for the entire 2016 season for FREE. You don’t need your own track bike, you can borrow one for free. To receive this benefit, you’ll need to take the Track 101 class, which are available on Saturdays at 10 am. New Riders can also get trained on … Continue reading →
- Cadieux Bicycle Club Announces The Waterford Memorial Weekend Racesby Steve ColarossiDue to the unfortunate cancellation of the Frankenmuth Road Race, Cadieux Bicycle Club will be hosting a new event, The Waterford Memorial Weekend Races. We look forward to you joining us for a great day of racing! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Video from 2015 51st Debaets Devos ProAm Raceby JamesHillBig thank you to Alec Linton for putting together the 2015 51st Debaets Devos ProAm Race video. Great work we look forward to the 2016 race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOOKHos-5I0&feature=youtu.be
- Club Communication and Posting Ridesby JamesHillFacebook: Great to see people posting rides on the Official Facebook Group “Cadieux Bicycle Club Group”. If you are not already a member of the group please make sure you join. This is the main forum for posting news and rides, if you have your settings set up correctly you will be notified when people post in the Group. Feel free to post pictures, results and interesting cycling articles. Email: Join the CadieuxBC public mailing group (you may need to refresh this page if you are not logged into the site): Please remember to use the standard protocol when posting rides: … Continue reading →
- Weekend race report Willow TT/Kings Dayby Alex HuygheGreat racing both days with some really solid teamwork on Sunday in Holland. The great times that we had at the time trial show that our team is strong even in the early season. Results below. Kings Day Crit Cat 3 2nd Alex Huyghe 11th Brian Wachlarz Willow Time Trial Cat 3 1st Alex Huyghe 29:28 2nd Matt Konyn 29:35 45+ 3rd Tony Bruley 30:08 5th Mike Dega 30:33 13th Claus Meyer 35+ 6th Doug burcicki 31:19 Eddy Merckx (standard road bike) 2nd Derrick OBrian 33:32 Cat 4 12th Jeremy Meyersieck
- Waterford training race report.by Alex HuygheOur 4/5 and elite team both did great today at the Waterford training race. James Hill and Chuck Morgan got 3rd and 4th in the C race. The rest of the team blocked. The Elite team controlled the A race. Came in with a plan to get someone in the winning break. Ended up getting Mike Dega and Brian in the break. Mike got 4th and Brian got 6th. Great team work by all blocking and covering.
- Ron and Joe Arizona Grand Fondoby Alex Huyghe
- Crosswinds Rideby jignashI hope everyone had a great time today. We changed the normal route, and although there was a little resistance, I think everyone enjoyed riding some of the same roads from the opposite direction. I noticed a lot of smiles. Unfortunately, Mr Cahn will not be able to join the ride tomorrowL. However, I hope to see the rest of you at 8 am in the Crosswinds parking lot for another A paced distance ride.
- The 2013 Fifth Annual Woodward Loop Recapby jignashThe Fifth Annual Woodward Loop Ride brought together the largest number of riders ever for this event since its 2009 inception which was the 100th Anniversary of Woodward Avenue being paved. A total of 170 riders participated in the Loop ride. 90 of the riders started out from Biggby Coffee in Birmingham on Old Woodward & Maple at 7:30 and headed out on the “first” start, riding north to Pontiac and around Wide Track Drive, also referred to as the “Loop.” Thanks to Kristen J. for her directions around a couple of minor road issues near the tracks south of … Continue reading →
- 2013 Cherry Roubaix Road Race (45+)by jignashThe 45+ group produced great results at the 2013 Cherry Roubaix Road Race. The course is 23.3 miles per lap with the masters race completing 3 laps. The start-summit finish line is high atop Sugar Loaf Mt. I thought I would share what I observed during the race that gave O2 the victory. Pre-Race It was decided during a pre-race meeting that Mike Dega was going to be the aggressor, a roll that the Team agreed could lead to a stage victory. Dega committed himself to a roll of extreme effort that would lead to victory – or an all-out … Continue reading →
- 2013 Lumberjack 100by jignashWhile James Ignash and the rest of team O2 were kicking butt at the Cherry Roubaix race on Saturday, I was at the Lumberjack 100 mountain bike race (lumberjack100.com) near Manistee. For the LJ 100, I set three goals; 1) to finish, 2) to finish without being completely spent and 3) to finish less than 10 hours. I followed a 12-week training program developed by Chris Eatough (chriseatough.com). RACE DAY began with the “not-so-mandatory” 6:30 am rider meeting. While on my way to the mass start I saw a familiar 02 jersey – it was Al Lake. Al is a … Continue reading →
- West Branch Road Raceby Alex HuygheWe had a great day of racing Saturday. Our team was one of the most well represented teams there with a total of 11 racers in 4 categories. Out of those 11 racers, we had 4 on the podium and many others in the top 10. There was some great teamwork throughout the day and even more team support. The Flahute of the Day goes to Jerry Gase who, despite having rear derailleur problems before the race, raced anyhow. Basically he rode up one of the hardest hills you will find in a race with only two gears (big chain … Continue reading →
- 2013 Frankenmuth Road Race Report (Cat 3)by PawelSkorBy Paul Skorupskas For the Tour of Frankenmuth, the CAT 3 team brought six racers (Derek Delzer, Chris Matthews, Doug Burcicki, Jerry Gase, Brian Wachlarz and myself [Paul Skorupskas]) to the start line to be one of the largest teams – if not the largest team – represented in the field. This group added three racers to the mix compared to those that represented the team at Cone-Azalia included our newest addition to the racing club in Brian Wachlarz. Having such a large presence in the race meant that we would be on the attack throughout. This gave us two … Continue reading →
- New page for race recapsby jignashIf anyone is interested in providing me with a race recap, I’ll post it to the club’s website. Paul Skorupskas submitted me with a great piece highlighting his race at Cone Azalia (CAT3). I’m going to post the recaps under the Race heading, within a new page I created titled The 2013 Red Tail Recap. Please contact me with questions, concerns or new ideas.
- 2013 Cone Azalia Road Race Recap – CAT3by jignashAnother Cone-Azalia race has come and gone and now the road racing season is officially underway in Michigan. For those who are not familiar with the race course, it takes place in Milan, MI, is a pancake flat 10 mile circuit race course, typically very windy and 40% dirt roads whose conditions vary from year-to-year. Aside from being a very difficult race, the pre-race decisions that go into what kind of bike to use (road or CX) whether or not to use race wheels, what kind of tires to run, etc. add another interesting wrinkle to race that reminds of … Continue reading →
- Planning for an Event before and during.by Philip HuygheI am forwarding an article that I read in RBR ( Road Bike Rider ) . This is an excellent article about setting a Goal , following a training plan , and then having both an “A Plan ” and a ” B Plan ” for the event . I am posting this in the training category so all of us can refer back to this as a basic plan to successfully get ready for any Event. ___________________________________ Coach’s Corner: Elizabeth Wicks Breaks Calvin’s Record Editor’s Note: Coach John Hughes (click to see his 15 RBR ePubs) helped Elizabeth Wicks prepare for the 2013 Calvin’s … Continue reading →
- Cone-Azalia Classic Road Raceby jignashOur racers performed well this past weekend in Milan. We scored a win in the Masters’ 45s (Jim Ignash) and three other Podium places (Masters 35’s, Tony Bruley; Category 3, Paul Skorupskas; Cat 5, Alexander VanLeuven), as well as a number of other placings. We were definitely noticed for our presence and team work. All the details will be posted on our web site shortly. Race Team: As was reviewed at the Annual meeting, we are putting additional focus on a results oriented race team. The Cat 2/3/Masters team (aka Elite or A team) is about providing a race team within the club … Continue reading →
- Results are posted for the Ann Arbor Training Series – Race #3by jignashO2 / Cadieux Bike Club comes out swinging Sunday: Tony ripped it up in Ann Arbor… After sharing some racing knowledge during the Club’s Cross Winds Clinic on Saturday, Tony went out to Ann Arbor Sunday morning and finished 4th in the A race. Great Job Tony, we expect nothing less:) Then a new member, Jeremy Meyersick, finished first in the 4/5 race. WOW… Welcome to the Club! A great start to the new season.
- Saturday, April 20th – Cross Wind Clinicby jignashI’m not talking about a ride leaving from Crosswinds Mall, I’m talking about how to ride and race in the wind. Cross winds create unique challenges and opportunities during a ride or race. The Clinic will begin in Stony Creek Metro Park at 2:00pm. We will meet in the building located at the boat launch and spend 20-30 mins talking and then ride. This ride will is primarily designed to train the space between your ears, training your legs and aerobic system will be secondary priority. There may be stopping to explain things and/or yell at you like a grouch old bike … Continue reading →
- 2013 Waterford Race Seriesby jignashResults are posted here – congratulations to Jeremy Meyersieck for his performance in the C-Race. Jeremy gave the team our first win for 2013.