Looking for a great ride here in metro Detroit? Check out the local rides on our Ride Descriptions page.
Also, stay tuned to our Ride Calendar and Events page for upcoming local races and cycling events.
- 2022 Exhale Fall Charity Ride Benefiting JDRF via Riders4Researchby Leon ShanerA FUNDRAISER TO BENEFIT JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH DON’T MISS THIS GREAT FALL CYCLING ADVENTURE FOR RACERS, RIDERS & FAMILIES ABOUT THE GRAVEL / MTB / FAT BIKE RIDE: The 16th Annual JDRF Exhale Fall Charity Ride is a dirt road cycling event that travels through scenic Metamora, Michigan. The event is a fundraiser to raise awareness and donations supporting JDRF. Since its inception, the Exhale Ride has donated 100% of all proceeds to JDRF. Riders4Research and Cadieux Bicycle Club have received JDRF Achievement Awards annually for their fundraising efforts. As always, the goal of the JDRF Exhale Ride is to … Continue reading →
- Exhale Fall Charity Ride and Riders4Research thanks you!by Leon ShanerHi hi, Exhalers, family, and friends! A heart-felt THANK YOU and major kudos to everyone who made this year’s Exhale Fall Charity Ride such an amazing success!!! Together you all helped to raise over $11,000 toward JDRF’s efforts to end juvenile diabetes!!! Wow!!! We really can’t thank you enough!!! We’re estimating somewhere on the order of 180 riders, which is based on 154 pre-registrations (some being multi-registrant, some being donation-only), and 43 in-person registrations.There were 122 confirmed via Strava, but many many participants aren’t on Strava. Whatever the actual number of riders it was a record-breaking event on multiple levels! Thanks again … Continue reading →
- Woodward Loop June 27,2021 from Shain Park in Birminghamby E.J. LevyBack by popular demand the annual Woodward Loop Ride will take place this year this Sunday following the same format as in the past. We will head out in two waves the first at 7:30 am from Shain Park in Birmingham for a north Woodward Loop up to and around the famous Widetrack Drive in Pontiac. We hold an 18 mph pace on the uphill portion of the ride to Pontiac but then swing south and once we cross the tracks I’ll openup the gates and riders can zip at any speed they wish back to Shain Park. I’ll bring up therear. This is … Continue reading →
- Kristen and Leon’s Ridiculous Tandem Trip to Chicagoby kwaiteThis trip started out with the best of intentions, as any multi-state tandem bicycle vacation would when attempted by inexperienced tandem bicyclists with absolutely no bicycle traveling experience. And, aside from the hail storms, falling trees, extreme sunburn, gravel wipeouts, and occasional need to bushwhack, it was pretty uneventful. Day 1 – Pontiac to Marshall, MI 110 Miles, 8:20:36 Moving Time, 11:56:03 Elapsed In planning the trip, we relied heavily on Google’s bicycle routes to give us an idea of where to travel and stop for the night. Google does a decent job of finding trails wherever possible with suitable … Continue reading →
- Cogs and Kegsby Steve ColarossiThanks to everyone that came out and supported Cogs and Kegs! Turned out to be a great night of riding and supporting a great cause. Thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this event a success.
- Exhale Rideby Steve Colarossi
- Cogs and Kegsby Steve ColarossiCogs & Kegs, Presented by Powers Distributing MIU Men’s Health Foundation Wednesday, June 15, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Birmingham, MI Partners for the event: Powers Distributing, Griffin Claw Brewery, Germack, American Cycle & Fitness, Wolverine Cycling Club, Cadieux Bicycle Club, and the Astellas Professional Cycling Team. This should be a fun evening with members of the Astellas Pro Cycling Team. Bikes and Beer for a good cause. The ride will start and finish from Griffin Claw Brewing Company. A Casual ride (read “not a hammerfest”) with the Astellas guys, then there will be a post-ride celebration hosted … Continue reading →
- Ron and Joe Arizona Grand Fondoby Alex Huyghe
- Crosswinds Rideby jignashI hope everyone had a great time today. We changed the normal route, and although there was a little resistance, I think everyone enjoyed riding some of the same roads from the opposite direction. I noticed a lot of smiles. Unfortunately, Mr Cahn will not be able to join the ride tomorrowL. However, I hope to see the rest of you at 8 am in the Crosswinds parking lot for another A paced distance ride.
- Starting Cycling as an Adultby Leon Shaner(Written May 20th, 2013, just two years after I got my first road bike [25 years after exclusively riding a MTB)… Find a local bike shop you can trust — this isn’t a time to shop online looking for that deep discount, rather it’s a time to find someone who knows what they are doing, has years of experience riding, building, customizing, and upgrading bike components. Find a recommended local bike shop (LBS) that is nearby so you can get advice, service, tuneups, etc. right when you need it. Ask biking friends who live near you, what LBS they would … Continue reading →