IV. What Information Do We Collect?
When you register for certain parts of our Website, such as, but not limited to, signing up as a member, we will collect certain personal information, such as your name, address, company or entity name, and email address. When you make a donation on www.cadbc.org, we will collect information such as your name, company or entity name, email address, and check/credit card information (collectively, “Registration Information”). We may retain any information volunteered by you, such as survey information or Registration Information. If your personal information changes and you wish to update it, or you wish us to delete your information, you can make changes and requests for deletion by emailing us at email@example.com.
Additionally, CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB may collect site use information, such as what pages site users access and visit, or what browsers site users utilize to access the Website, on an anonymous and aggregate basis as you and others browse our Website. This information is used to give us a better understanding of how the Website is being used by the users and to provide better service to users.
Whenever CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB collects personally identifiable about you, it reserves the right to use that information for marketing CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB and its various activities. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB may use the personally identifiable data collected to undertake a variety of marketing activities including, but not limited to, email, direct mail, site personalization, telephone marketing and other digital and traditional methods of advertising and communication. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB does not sell or “monetize” data to 3rd parties. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB, however, may send marketing messages on behalf of its sponsors and partners. It will do so without giving any of your personally identifiable information to those sponsors and partners for their own use.
V. Personal Information You Choose to Provide.
1. Registration Information. You will provide us with certain information about yourself, your firm or company, and/or your credit card information when you register on certain parts of the Website, or register to become a donor.
2. Email Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
3. Site Use Information. Similar to other commercial websites, CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB. We, our advertisers, and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
4. How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, improving the content and quality of our services and the Website, and making available other products and services. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing the Site Administrator. We may also use your information for billing, identification, and/or authentication purposes.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose your personal information if required: (a) by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) to protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties, against any threat, whether it be to physical safety or property; (c) to take action against suspected fraud or illegal activities, regardless of whether we or our affiliated parties have been served with any legal process; or (d) to take action to prevent or respond to any violation of our Terms of Service.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. Use of the CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB service requires your acceptance of cookies. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB does not permanently store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – and we take no responsibility for their actions). You may be required to login to your CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB page after a certain amount of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
8. Sharing Information with Third Parties. We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that you have explicitly requested. In connection with alliances, partnerships or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party. We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the information we collect will never be shared or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes except to provide products or services you requested or unless we have your permission to share such information.
9. Site Postings. Our Website offers publicly accessible postings. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas becomes public information and may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in these postings because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form ‘spam’ lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public postings by other users of the Website.
10. Notice of New Services and Changes. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending us an email request to the Site Administrator.
11. How Do We Protect Your Information? The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact the Site Administrator.
12. How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access or make corrections to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing the Site Administrator.
13. Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire us to have your information, you may correct, update, amend, or request that we delete/remove by emailing the Site Administrator or by contacting the Site Administrator by postal mail at the address listed above.
14. What About Other Web Sites Linked to CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB? We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to user of our website.
15. Children’s Privacy. If you are under the age of 13, we ask that you only access our site when accompanied by your parent or guardian. The Website is not intended for, or directed to, persons less than 13 years of age. CADIEUX BICYCLE CLUB will not request any information from a person younger than age 13, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and will not knowingly accept personal information from a child younger than age 13 for any purpose.
17. Submissions. Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Website are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.
VI. Material Changes to Policy: