The Saturday, August 13th, 2022, Green Cruise features two bicycle rides: an 8am 41-mile ride to Belle Isle, and a 9am eight-city 22-mile ride to Birmingham.
Eventbrite tickets for both rides https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/green-cruise-bike-rides-2022-333029
Both rides start from the Ferndale, MI City Hall, 300 E. Nine Mile Road and return to city hall at approximately noon.
The rides are rain-or-shine and there is no rain date.
The 8am 42-mile ride has two groups: 17+ mph & 12-16 mph.
• Please do not join the 17+ mph group if you are not a highly accomplished bicyclist.
• If you have doubts about riding with the 17+ group, please consult the ride leader BEFORE the ride starts.
The 9am 22-mile pace: 12 mph
Sign up online for incorrect ride? Don’t worry, simply join the intended ride.
Note: you will need to sign a Sierra Club waiver the day of the event.
The Green Cruise features:
• Free pre-ride repairs from Sullivan’s Continental Bike Shop
• Free pre-ride snacks & rest stop snacks
• Recognition: Brent Bacher, 2022 Green Cruiser of the Year.
• Competent leadership
First United Methodist Church of Ferndale, 22331 Woodward Ave (at Leroy) Ferndale, MI 48220, a few blocks from the start.
Lot and Street Parking:
• Ferndale City Hall/Library lot; 64 spots
No limit to hours
Mobile app “Park Ferndale,” credit card, cash
If paid before 11am, meter will start charging at 11
• On-street meters
If using Mobile app: ask to start at 11am
Cash: meter starts charging when you pay
Questions may be directed to Jerry Hasspacher at firstname.lastname@example.org