We have riders of every ability and experience level in a wide range of racing disciplines, including but not limited to the following:
- ANNUAL DEBAETS-DEVOS PRO-AM BICYCLE RACE
- WATERFORD HILLS “Wednesday Night World’s” SUMMER RACE SERIES
- UPCOMING ROAD RACE SCHEDULE
Click the links for more details.
- Announcing the 58th annual Debaets-Devos Pro-Am Memorial Bicycle Race! Sunday, August 27th, 2023by Leon ShanerFlyer (scroll past for important registration infos): Download Flyer HERE. Please follow these steps prior to AND continuing throughout the race day: You’ll notice a big push for on-line registrations through BikeReg.com, which is for streamlining the registration process and feeding data to our timing crew. Online registrations are also for your safety in an effort to minimize the time and number of people standing in line to pick up bib numbers. Similarly, online registrations also avoids the need to handle cash, so if for any reason you cannot complete the registration online, please bring your credit card or Apple … Continue reading →
- 2022 Debaets-Devos Pro-Am Memorial Bicycle Raceby David RielandAnnouncing the 57th annual Debaets-Devos Pro-Am Memorial Bicycle Race! Sunday, August 28th, 2022 Flyer (scroll past for important registration infos): It appears you don’t have a PDF plugin for this browser. No biggie… you can click here to download the PDF file. Please follow these steps prior to AND continuing throughout the race day: You’ll notice a big push for on-line registrations through BikeReg.com, which is for streamlining the registration process and feeding data to our timing crew. Online registrations are also for your safety in an effort to minimize the time and number of people standing in line to … Continue reading →
- 2021 DEBAETS-DEVOS PRO-AM MEMORIAL BICYCLE RACEby David RielandPlease follow these steps prior to AND continuing throughout the race day. You’ll notice a big push for on-line registrations through BikeReg.com, which is for stream-lining the registration process and feeding data to our timing crew. Online registrations are also for your safety in an effort to minimize the time and number of people standing in line to pick up bib numbers. Similarly, online registrations also avoids the need to handle cash, so if for any reason you cannot complete the registration online, please bring your credit card or Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay capable smartphone. Go HERE to … Continue reading →
- Bike MS Ride Summaryby Steve Colarossiby Erich Meier In 2008, I participated in my first event after a work-out partner raved about his experiences and then began soliciting donations from family and friends. This is when I found out that my uncle’s wife, Jennifer, had been diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) after having bouts of leg numbness, but was not yet ready to share her diagnosis. The first event went great, but left a feeling that I should be doing something more! After participating in all 4 Michigan Bike MS events on multiple occasions, I ventured out to do the Vegas Challenge (NV), Bike to … Continue reading →
- Registration for the 53rd Annual Debaets Devos Pro-Am is OPEN!by Steve ColarossiSunday, August 27th, 2017 – Auburn Hills, MI CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Course is a 1.35 mile circuit just off I-75. Take University Dr. – Exit 79 EAST and follow signs to parking and registration located at: Oak Tech Professional Building 3100 Cross Creek, Auburn Hills 48326 Other: All USA Cycling rules apply. Free lap rule is in effect. Lapped riders may be pulled. All unlicensed racers (including lapsed annual licenses) shall buy a One Day, Category 5 License (additional $10) ON RACE DAY, unless able to meet the USA Cycling exceptions. Limit of 50 riders in Senior Category 5 races. … Continue reading →
- Waterford Weekend Races – Registration is OPEN!by Steve ColarossiThe Waterford Weekend Races are back! Register now! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Danielle Mullis wins Bronze at Track Nationals!by Steve ColarossiCongratulations to Danielle Mullis for winning bronze in the International Omnium at Track Nationals this week!
- 52nd Annual Debaets Devos Pro-Am – Registration now open!by Steve ColarossiSunday, August 28th, 2016 – Auburn Hills, MI CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Course is a 1.35 mile circuit just off I-75. Take University Dr. – Exit 79 EAST and follow signs to parking and registration located at: Oak Tech Professional Building 3100 Cross Creek, Auburn Hills 48326 Other: All USA Cycling rules apply. Free lap rule is in effect. Lapped riders may be pulled. All unlicensed racers (including lapsed annual licenses) shall buy a One Day, Category 5 License (additional $10) ON RACE DAY, unless able to meet the USA Cycling exceptions. Limit of 50 riders in Senior Category 5 races. … Continue reading →
- Cadieux Bicycle Club Announces the First Annual Corktown Criteriumby Steve ColarossiThe Cadieux Bicycle Club is excited to announce the 1st Annual Corktown Criterium, a race to benefit the MIU Men’s Health Foundation. A big thank you to Chris Donnelly for spearheading the effort to bring another great race to our area! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Stay tuned for more information. https://cadieuxbicycleclub.com/race/corktown-criterium/ CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Race Recap: Island Lake XCby Steve ColarossiWe had a solid showing at the Island Lake mountain bike race this past sunday. With a race roster of Joshua Hall, Nate Benke, Phil Huyghe, Erik Huyghe, Jake Samborski, Melissa Seymore, Mark Boden, and myself, I think it is safe to say this was one of the best turnouts O2 has had at an MTB race. Not to mention we had Mike Dega, Chris Wanely, and Mary Raftery show up as part of the support squad. The O2 tent was set up in prime location and my better half Becky helped me cart our grill out to make sure … Continue reading →
- Strong Team Showing at Willow TTby Steve ColarossiThe Cadieux Bicycle Club had another great showing at a local race, this time at the Willow Time Trial. Rodney Eaton Jr First place men’s CAT 4-5 Anthony L Bruley 4th place men’s CAT P123 Nick Zendler 3rd place men’s P123 Matt Konyn 3rd place men’s 35+ Brian Wachlarz 6th place men’s 35+ Tom Wamsley 7th place men’s 35+ James Reid 1st place men’S CAT 3-4 Josh Evans 7th place men’s CAT 3-4 Luis Chacon 6th place men’s 45+ Michael Dega 8th place men’s 45+ Ken Vernier 9th place men’s 45+ The 35+ and 45+ men’s categories were VERY competitive!! Let’s give these guys some major kudos!!
- Yankee Springs MTB TT Race Recapby Steve Colarossi“Josh Hall, Jake Samborski, and myself went went to Yankee Springs for a long weekend of camping, riding, and racing. I had never ridden Yankee before, it was a blast, lot’s of elevation for lower Michigan, something about melting glaciers. The trail had some awesome descents which is a nice change up from the smaller, rolling hills found at our local trails. Yankee was Josh’s first Cat 1 XC race and he placed 13th out of 32 in the Cat 1 30-39 race! Mr. Samborski (aka the Gnardawg) definitely felt at home on this technical course, he placed 7th out … Continue reading →
- Cadieux Bicycle Club Announces The Waterford Memorial Weekend Racesby Steve ColarossiDue to the unfortunate cancellation of the Frankenmuth Road Race, Cadieux Bicycle Club will be hosting a new event, The Waterford Memorial Weekend Races. We look forward to you joining us for a great day of racing! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Video from 2015 51st Debaets Devos ProAm Raceby JamesHillBig thank you to Alec Linton for putting together the 2015 51st Debaets Devos ProAm Race video. Great work we look forward to the 2016 race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOOKHos-5I0&feature=youtu.be
- Weekend race report Willow TT/Kings Dayby Alex HuygheGreat racing both days with some really solid teamwork on Sunday in Holland. The great times that we had at the time trial show that our team is strong even in the early season. Results below. Kings Day Crit Cat 3 2nd Alex Huyghe 11th Brian Wachlarz Willow Time Trial Cat 3 1st Alex Huyghe 29:28 2nd Matt Konyn 29:35 45+ 3rd Tony Bruley 30:08 5th Mike Dega 30:33 13th Claus Meyer 35+ 6th Doug burcicki 31:19 Eddy Merckx (standard road bike) 2nd Derrick OBrian 33:32 Cat 4 12th Jeremy Meyersieck
- Waterford training race report.by Alex HuygheOur 4/5 and elite team both did great today at the Waterford training race. James Hill and Chuck Morgan got 3rd and 4th in the C race. The rest of the team blocked. The Elite team controlled the A race. Came in with a plan to get someone in the winning break. Ended up getting Mike Dega and Brian in the break. Mike got 4th and Brian got 6th. Great team work by all blocking and covering.
- The 2013 Fifth Annual Woodward Loop Recapby jignashThe Fifth Annual Woodward Loop Ride brought together the largest number of riders ever for this event since its 2009 inception which was the 100th Anniversary of Woodward Avenue being paved. A total of 170 riders participated in the Loop ride. 90 of the riders started out from Biggby Coffee in Birmingham on Old Woodward & Maple at 7:30 and headed out on the “first” start, riding north to Pontiac and around Wide Track Drive, also referred to as the “Loop.” Thanks to Kristen J. for her directions around a couple of minor road issues near the tracks south of … Continue reading →
- 2013 Cherry Roubaix Road Race (45+)by jignashThe 45+ group produced great results at the 2013 Cherry Roubaix Road Race. The course is 23.3 miles per lap with the masters race completing 3 laps. The start-summit finish line is high atop Sugar Loaf Mt. I thought I would share what I observed during the race that gave O2 the victory. Pre-Race It was decided during a pre-race meeting that Mike Dega was going to be the aggressor, a roll that the Team agreed could lead to a stage victory. Dega committed himself to a roll of extreme effort that would lead to victory – or an all-out … Continue reading →
- 2013 Lumberjack 100by jignashWhile James Ignash and the rest of team O2 were kicking butt at the Cherry Roubaix race on Saturday, I was at the Lumberjack 100 mountain bike race (lumberjack100.com) near Manistee. For the LJ 100, I set three goals; 1) to finish, 2) to finish without being completely spent and 3) to finish less than 10 hours. I followed a 12-week training program developed by Chris Eatough (chriseatough.com). RACE DAY began with the “not-so-mandatory” 6:30 am rider meeting. While on my way to the mass start I saw a familiar 02 jersey – it was Al Lake. Al is a … Continue reading →
- West Branch Road Raceby Alex HuygheWe had a great day of racing Saturday. Our team was one of the most well represented teams there with a total of 11 racers in 4 categories. Out of those 11 racers, we had 4 on the podium and many others in the top 10. There was some great teamwork throughout the day and even more team support. The Flahute of the Day goes to Jerry Gase who, despite having rear derailleur problems before the race, raced anyhow. Basically he rode up one of the hardest hills you will find in a race with only two gears (big chain … Continue reading →
- 2013 Frankenmuth Road Race Report (Cat 3)by PawelSkorBy Paul Skorupskas For the Tour of Frankenmuth, the CAT 3 team brought six racers (Derek Delzer, Chris Matthews, Doug Burcicki, Jerry Gase, Brian Wachlarz and myself [Paul Skorupskas]) to the start line to be one of the largest teams – if not the largest team – represented in the field. This group added three racers to the mix compared to those that represented the team at Cone-Azalia included our newest addition to the racing club in Brian Wachlarz. Having such a large presence in the race meant that we would be on the attack throughout. This gave us two … Continue reading →
- New page for race recapsby jignashIf anyone is interested in providing me with a race recap, I’ll post it to the club’s website. Paul Skorupskas submitted me with a great piece highlighting his race at Cone Azalia (CAT3). I’m going to post the recaps under the Race heading, within a new page I created titled The 2013 Red Tail Recap. Please contact me with questions, concerns or new ideas.
- Cone-Azalia Classic Road Raceby jignashOur racers performed well this past weekend in Milan. We scored a win in the Masters’ 45s (Jim Ignash) and three other Podium places (Masters 35’s, Tony Bruley; Category 3, Paul Skorupskas; Cat 5, Alexander VanLeuven), as well as a number of other placings. We were definitely noticed for our presence and team work. All the details will be posted on our web site shortly. Race Team: As was reviewed at the Annual meeting, we are putting additional focus on a results oriented race team. The Cat 2/3/Masters team (aka Elite or A team) is about providing a race team within the club … Continue reading →
- Results are posted for the Ann Arbor Training Series – Race #3by jignashO2 / Cadieux Bike Club comes out swinging Sunday: Tony ripped it up in Ann Arbor… After sharing some racing knowledge during the Club’s Cross Winds Clinic on Saturday, Tony went out to Ann Arbor Sunday morning and finished 4th in the A race. Great Job Tony, we expect nothing less:) Then a new member, Jeremy Meyersick, finished first in the 4/5 race. WOW… Welcome to the Club! A great start to the new season.
- Saturday, April 20th – Cross Wind Clinicby jignashI’m not talking about a ride leaving from Crosswinds Mall, I’m talking about how to ride and race in the wind. Cross winds create unique challenges and opportunities during a ride or race. The Clinic will begin in Stony Creek Metro Park at 2:00pm. We will meet in the building located at the boat launch and spend 20-30 mins talking and then ride. This ride will is primarily designed to train the space between your ears, training your legs and aerobic system will be secondary priority. There may be stopping to explain things and/or yell at you like a grouch old bike … Continue reading →
- 2013 Waterford Race Seriesby jignashResults are posted here – congratulations to Jeremy Meyersieck for his performance in the C-Race. Jeremy gave the team our first win for 2013.