- This event has passed.
July 23 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Baroudeur is back! After a two summer hiatus, the best ride in Detroit will return Saturday, July 23. Join us as we ride through the Motor City and beyond in support of Wayne State University student scholarships and the university’s Helping Individual Go Higher (HIGH) Program. The Baroudeur is a fun, noncompetitive event that gives riders of all abilities an opportunity to explore the Motor City and surrounding area on two wheels while helping economically disadvantaged students pursue higher education. Learn more at: baroudeur.wayne.edu
The Baroudeur offers four routes — 20, 37, 62 or 100-miles — to accommodate riders of all experience levels.
As an official Wayne State University event, all participants and volunteers are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccination and booster as part of WSU’s vaccine mandate. Participants will be asked to upload proof of vaccination during the registration process. All participants are expected to comply with campus safety guidelines on ride day, and will be required to wear a mask while indoors.
Schedule of events:
100-mile start time: 7 a.m.
62-mile start time: 8:30 a.m.
37-mile start time: 8:30 a.m.
20-mile start time: 10 a.m.
February 23 through 11:59 p.m. on May 23: $65
May 24 through 11:59 p.m. on June 23: 75
June 24 through 11:59 p.m. on July 19: $85
Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19
Your registration fee includes:
* Post-ride lunch, beer and music
* Refreshments along the route
* Limited edition Baroudeur T-shirt
* Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles and ride support
* Free parking
Tuesday Training Rides
Increase your pedal power at training rides for the Baroudeur! Please join us for weekly group bicycle rides that preview sections of the Baroudeur routes, giving an up-close sneak peek at the texture and character that defines metro Detroit. You’ll also build camaraderie with other riders while enjoying a workout.
There are a minimum of three distinct groups based on speed and distance, so we have something for everyone from the competitive cyclist to the weekend cruiser. All of these no-drop rides depart at 6 p.m. from the TechTown Lot on the northeast corner of Cass and Amsterdam. The entrance is on Amsterdam between Cass and Woodward and there is no gate. Bathrooms are available in the TechTown building across Cass and one block south. Cyclists of all abilities are welcome to join the complimentary rides. Free parking is provided.
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/