Ride for the Living 2022
July 24 @ 8:00 am
You’ll want to sit down for this!
(Note: This round-trip ride from Ferndale to the Detroit Riverfront is for riders of all ages and skill levels. Everyone from Slow Rollers (avg 11-12 mph), Cruisers (avg 13-15 mph) and Chasers (avg 16-18 mph). ebike rental is available, too.)
The Krakow JCC’s Annual Ride For The Living is a 34.5-mile bike ride from Auschwitz to the JCC Krakow that commemorates Jewish history and celebrates the miraculous rebirth of Jewish life in Poland today. Our satellite ride (approximately 30 miles) is our own way to commemorate and celebrate the living. Plus, proceeds from our ride will benefit the Krakow JCC.
We’ll meet up and start at Ferndale High School and finish (at our own pace) at Ferndale Project for food and drinks. With the first drink on us!
New for 2022. Rent an ebike!
We’ve worked out a special deal with American Cycle & Fitness for ebike rental. They’ll deliver and pick up for you at the start/finish so all you have to do is be pedal ready (an ebike is still a pedal bike but with electric motor assistance to go farther with less people power).
Let’s go for a ride to honor our Jewish heritage. Registration fee includes a fanny pack and one drink voucher.
Questions or need more information? Contact Bracha Katz at email@example.com or 248-203-1465.
Thank you to our event partner, the Zekelman Holocaust Center.
Mark Cahn, Mark Kowalsky, Ron Sollish, Eva Solomon, Lowell Weiss
Ride For The Living Chairs
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/