De Ronde van Grampian Gravel Race p/b KLM/Cold Stone
August 6 @ 9:00 am
The DRvG is a Gravel Event with its roots derived from a few special races and rides from years past in and around the local area of Oakland and Lapeer Counties. This ride pays tribute to the Ronde van Stony, Grampian Challenge and Fall50 p/b KLM/Cold Stone.
For 2022, DRvG will be held on Saturday August 6th starting and ending inside Addison Oaks County Park. There will be two distances: 50 mile and 25 mile courses consisting of 100% gravel with a nice two- track start and finish. These routes pay tribute to the Grampian Hills and the natural rolling terrain in the area with amazing scenic views and a special single/double track mixed in for good fun! There is even a Dutch Windmill out on the long course!
The 50 mile course has 3,134ft of elevation while the 25mile course has 1,633 ft of elevation. Both routes have a decisive double/single track section followed by a private seasonal road with a nice climb just a few miles into the course. After that, it’s a day spent hitting rollers!
With your $45 registration fee, we will provide marked routes, .gpx files, timing provided by Plot Gnar, free beer while it lasts, and food will be available for purchase provided by Uncle Peter’s Pasties Shelby. We also plan to have on-site bike mechanical support, DEMOs, swag for purchase all provided by KLM Bike and Fitness.
*This race uses Upland Hills private land only accessible during the event August 6th, 2022 from 9am to 12noon – NO EXCEPTIONS. You cannot pre-ride the upland hills section of the course. Violators will be reported to the local authorities for trespassing.
SPONSORS – KLM Bike & Fitness | Cold Stone Creamery (Rochester Hills) | CTS | Joseph Philip Craig Custom Homes | Donato Landscape | Franskoviak Tax Solutions | The Law Offices of Barton Morris | Stein’s Home Improvement | HealthQuest Physical Therapy | Mike’s Mix
DATE – Saturday, August 6, 2022
START – 9:00 am
START/FINISH – Addison Oaks County Park, 1480 W Romeo Rd, Leonard, MI 48367
Strava Routes (Routes are subject to change):
50 Miles: https://www.strava.com/routes/2948680729173075036
25 Miles: https://www.strava.com/routes/2948682926488440924
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/