- This event has passed.
Classic Bicycles Auburn
August 26, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - August 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
A celebration of vintage lightweight bicycles at the prestigious Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum.
Attending the bike show is $16 and includes admission to the ACD museum. Attending the swap meet is free. Swap meet booths are available for sellers starting at $75. See website for cost of seminars and other weekend events.
The focus of Classic Bicycles Auburn is on vintage lightweight bicycles. These bicycles are special as they represent the intersection of engineering excellence, craftsmanship, and elegance. These are the traits that define the most sought after automobiles of the 1920’s and 1930’s.
Mark Nobilette, Rich Gangl, Jeff Bock, Doug Fattic will also be with us for the weekend!
Speaking of Rich Gangl, he’s built some spectacular “tribute” bikes which are really a series of bikes representing those used by Eddy Merckx.
Doug Fattic will be presenting “Advanced topics in Frame Building and Design” at the Friday afternoon seminars.
Jeff Bock will present a seminar on paintwork – more details to follow.
Richard Schwinn’s talk on the early Paramounts will be on Saturday afternoon.
Preliminary schedule of events:
Friday August 26
Attendee check-in, reception
Light lunch and mingle
Afternoon Seminars and demonstrations
Saturday August 27
Rides led by the Three Rivers Velo Sport Club – $20 membership required
Explore other museums and sites in the Auburn area
Mid-Day and Afternoon
Banquet at the ACD Museum. Cash bar
Talk by the museum curator
Silent auction items for fundraiser
Bicycle show inside museum. Cash bar
Bicycle swap outside museum
Food trucks mid-day
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/