- This event has passed.
Auto Heritage Bicycle Tour
May 22, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Discover how Detroit became the center of the automotive industry on this tour. The tour takes in the Globe Building, Dequindre Cut, Packard Plant, the GM Detroit-Hamtramck (Poletown) Assembly Plant, Milwaukee Junction with a stop at the Piquette Plant, New Center (old GM Headquarters and Fisher Building) and TechTown, where we will learn how industry is evolving with advanced technology. On the return trip, we will pass the Michigan Theatre, the location of Ford’s original workshop, the Bagley Garage.
This tour is conducted in partnership with Ford Piquette Avenue Plant and Motorcities National Heritage Area.
Ride Distance: 12 miles
Ride Length: 3 hours
Cost: $45/$55 with bike rental
Max Capacity: 10 riders
Tour Start/Finish Location: Wheelhouse Detroit
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/