2021 Willow Time Trial p/b DCC
April 24 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Willow Time Trial is back, now presented by the Downriver Cycling Club
USAC Permit #2021-3276
Register via https://www.bikereg.com/willow-time-trial
The Willow Time Trial is held at Willow MetroPark, located near Romulus Michigan, east of I-275 off of South Huron Road (exit 11), six miles south of I-94. A park entrance permit is required. One day permits are available at the park entrance. The Willow Time Trial is back this year presented for the first time by the Downriver Cycling Club, but once again offering a season-opening opportunity to test your off-season base-building. We are adding a couple of fun new categories this year, including a first-timer category, as well as a Fat Bike category. Racing is fun, and shouldn’t be intimidating, so if this is your first time, we have a category for you to see what this is all about. And yes, you read that right. We will have a Fat Bike category. These are such fun and versatile machines that we couldn’t resist the chance to put them to the test on the road, in a time trial.
Electronic Timing will be provided by Fun Promotions, LLC.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS
Due to Covid 19, there will be NO DAY OF registrations offered for this event. Online registration closes on Sunday, April 18th at 11:59pm. We will be practicing social distancing at package pick-up. Masks will be required to pick up your packet. Hand sanitizer will be available at packet pick up.
All race personnel and volunteers will be required to wear masks at all times for the duration of the event.
Riders will be staged six feet apart beginning 6 minutes prior to their designated start time based on bib number. While in the staging area, riders are required to wear masks. Riders can remove their masks once they arrive at the start line. Due to Covid-19, there will not be wheel holds available at the start and riders cannot have someone else assist them at the start. Unassisted standing starts only. Riders will leave the start line at 1:00 minute intervals.
At this time, we are still determining on whether or not we will have awards presentations (Podiums) or awards will be self pick-up. We will announce that as we get closer to race day.
Any questions reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/