- This event has passed.
2021 Metro Grand Spring Tour
May 2, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join Downriver Cycling Club on Sunday, May 2nd, for the 38th Annual Metro Grand Spring Tour (MGST). MGST is one of Michigan’s oldest, continually recurring rides and is generally acknowledged to be the start of the ride season in SE Michigan.
For 2021, we have all new routes including a Full Century, Metric Century, Short Route and Gravel Grinder Route. There’s also a family-friendly 15-mile route through the metro parks.
Special Event Notes
The MGST is held at Willow Metro Park, located near Romulus Michigan, east off I-275 off of South Huron Road (exit 11), six miles south of I-94. A Huron Metro Parks entrance permit is required. One day permits are available at the park entrance.
Due to Covid-19, there will be no day of registration for this event. Online registration closes on Sunday, April 25th at 11:59pm. We will be practicing social distancing at package pick-up and masks will be required to pick up your packet. No mask = No packet. Additionally, we will not be offering our traditional pancake breakfast under the pavilion at the Willow Pool. Instead, we will be providing all riders with “Feed Bags” containing enough food to fuel your ride from our partner, XN Supplements. Additionally, there will be water stops along the Full Century and Metric Century routes with individual bottles of Absopure water.
No paper maps will be available. View our club website for the routes https://www.downrivercycling.org/mgst-routes.html Please download the appropriate fit file to your electronic device or print your own paper map. The Full Century, Metric Century and Short Routes will be marked. The Family Parks Route and Gravel Grinder Routes will not be marked and will be self navigated.
For more information, visit our Facebook event page.
If you need help with your registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Downriver Cycling Club tradition is to celebrate the advent of the cycling season by sponsoring the MGST on the first Sunday each May. DCC has organized this annual regional event on the first Sunday of May since 1984. Up to 1,200 riders from southeast Michigan and beyond participate in this day-long supported tour through Huron-Clinton Metroparks and rural roads in southern Wayne and Monroe counties. Specially-designed MGST commemorative t-shirts are available for pre-order up until April 1st.
Additional Ride Calendars From Around The Region
- MBRA (Michigan Bicycle Racing Association) : http://www.mbra.org/calendar
- MMBA (Michigan Mountain Bike Association) RACE: https://www.mmba.org/events-race-calendar/
- Mountain Bike Michigan http://www.mountainbikemichigan.com/MBM_eventlist2021.htm
- Michigan Gravel Race Series: https://www.michigangravelraceseries.com/schedule/
- MMBA RIDE: http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
- Ontario Cycling Association: https://www.ontariocycling.org/events-organizers/event-calendar/
- Illinois Cycling Association: http://www.illinoiscycling.org/calendar
- League Of Michigan Bicyclists: https://www.lmb.org/events/ride-calendar/